BioVast substrate is designed to provide the highest surface area available for beneficial bacteria growth.
Ceramic monolithic structures comprised of Inorganic aluminosilicate material. Structures are robust, and highly porous. Extremely high surface area is created by extensive network of interconnected pores and channels that allow for free movement of liquid transfer.
- Designed to create an open and breathable system.
- Open pore engineering allows for the free flow of contaminated water or gas to rapidly reach and react to the established bio-films throughout the substrate.
- Structures are specifically designed to target volatile organic compounds or inorganic contaminants such as hydrogen sulfide.
- BioVast has tested effective for gas absorption in gas-liquid systems as well as water filtration through trickle systems and submerged beds.
- The high useable surface, along with the open pores allow prevents the formulation of thick films which can plug smaller pore products.
- When the bacteria, and bio-film’s life cycle is complete, the matter will be flushed from the system.
Open Pore Architecture & Green Remediation
- BioVast proprietary open pore engineering provides vastly more inhabitable surface area than other bio-medias.
- The highly porous ceramic substrate has an extensive network of interconnected pores and channels.
- BioVast open pore substrates are robust foamed ceramic monoliths and/or granular structures comprised of inorganic aluminosilicate materials of various formulations.
- Materials are optionally fired to temperatures of up to 1800° F.
- Allows for the greatest flow of contaminants to react to the largest bacterial colonies.
- The naturally efficient filtration process reduces energy consumption, requires less maintenance, and largely decreases dependency on fossil fuels and dangerous chemicals in the remediation process.
- The BioVast creative team of engineers has designed the bio-filtration process to be extremely flexible.
- Specifically engineering pore shape, size, and distribution allows for the optimization of industry specific solutions.
- BioVast products are engineered foamed ceramic monoliths, designed and manufactured to last a long time and are reusable.
- The media has strong ceramic bonds making it durable and chemically stable.
- With proper maintenance, BioVast can be expected to last for several decades.
- BioVast can be backwashed for cleaning as necessary, or enzymes can be used that will eliminate sludge that can often render other media ineffective.
Read on for the technical information for BioVast…
BioVast™ Technical Info
BioVast is formulated for use as a substrate for the establishment and proliferation of bacterial colonies that are effective in biological filtration.
BioVast Product Features:
> Network of Interconnected pore and channels
> Engineered pore size distribution
> Extremely high surface area
> Maximizes contact potential while minimizes restriction to flow
> Promotes natural bio-filtration process
> High physical compression strength
> Composition and formulations flexible
> Monoliths and granular configurations
> Custom form factors available
> Minimizes/eliminates remediation chemical use
> Enables greener manufacturing processes-reduces carbon foot print
> Economically viable